Book your Whitsunday Fishing Charter or Scenic Trip
Frequently Asked Questions – Charter Fishing
Do I need previous fishing experience?
No – previous experience is not necessary. Our charter fishing cater for beginners up to advanced. You can have absolutely no fishing experience or be a seasoned angler. We’ll have you rigged up in no time.
Who is welcome aboard Willfish?
- Friends, families, corporate groups, birthday celebrations, bucks days, hens days
- Fishing for fun or serious fishermen
- Children – the boat has high sides for extra safety, we also provide child life jackets
- Ladies – our toilet is enclosed flush for comfort, we also have luxury seating
- We hire the boat out for comps & tournaments
- Game fishing, reef fishing, deep sea fishing, sightseeing – whatever your desire
Who drives the boat?
Your skipper Will Ogilvie is a fully qualified Coxswain, trained to keep you safe while ensuring you and your group have a great time.
You can find out more about Will on our About Us page.
What food is provided?
For half day charters:
– Morning or afternoon tea and cold drinks
For full day charters:
– Morning tea, afternoon tea, cold drinks and a tasty lunch
Where does the boat go?
Willfish is based at Airlie Beach. We can tow up and down the coast for an additional towing fee and two day hire. We are registered for QLD only.
What kind of charters do you do?
- Light fishing
- Deep sea fishing
- Reef fishing
- Light game fishing
What days do you operate?
We operate 7 days a week
What do I need to bring?
– Bring your hat and sunglasses
– We request no black-soled shoes on the boat. Thongs or white soles are best
– You are welcome to bring your own fishing gear if you prefer
– BYO alcohol (cans only)
What do you provide?
We supply everything you need:
– Bait and quality fishing rods, reels and tackle
– Cold drinks and snacks
– Delicious lunch provided on full day charters
– Safety gear
What happens with what I catch?
If your fish are legal we’ll keep them fresh in our holding tanks. We’ll gut and ice your catch and provide plastic bags to get your catch from the boat to your esky.
How many passengers are allowed on the boat?
– Up to 4 passengers for all charters
How do I book?
You can book online or by calling Will on 0499 347 866
Have the following information ready:
– Your preferred date
– Contact mobile number
– The type of charter – half day, full day or private charter
– Number of passengers for the booking
– Credit card details
What weather will you not operate in?
This is at the discretion of the skipper in consultation with the client. See our booking and refund policy for further details
What safety equipment is on board?
What brands of equipment do you provide?
Shimano and Diawa
State-of-the-art SIMRAD electronics GPS and fish finder
What is your cancellation policy?
Please click here to read our terms and conditions including refund and cancellation policy.
Why choose Willfish?
- Open boat fishing charter
- Private charter fishing in the Whitsundays
- A unique, exciting experience
- Our super fast 300hp engine means it’s only a short trip to the reef
- A modern, dry and comfortable experience to be enjoyed by the whole family
- Smooth, stable ride
- Competitive pricing for a high end adventure
- Smaller capacity means smaller groups therefore your experience can be tailored to suit you